Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Wizard Coin

So, I guess it was about 4 months ago now when I found this coin.

I guess I didn't really find it, as much as a friendly English couple tried to use it as a quarter in the shop I was working at.
I told them that we would gladly accept it as payment, while trying to hide my excitement. Trying not to show how badly I wanted that coin to be mine.
I must have poker faced it alright, or overestimated how freakin' awesome this coin is, because they didn't seem too into holding onto it, and were quite happy to get rid of it.
Once they left I pocketed the coin, and quickly replaced it with a real quarter. A spendable quarter.
What I found odd about the whole thing was that the couple themselves had never been to Nova Scotia, and didn't know anyone that had. Nor were they, or any of their relatives (that they felt like bringing up), wizards themselves.
I was intrigued.
I wanted to research where this coin came from, and, basically, wanted to be able to use the coin to buy some potions.
This is where it gets tricky. This coin is the only thing I've ever not been able to find on Google. Ever. I mean, Google has everything. Google even has the answer to the age old question, "Why are we here?", and yet, no matter how hard I look, it won't tell me where I can buy a freakin' vanishing potion!


I think the most logical thing to do at this point would be to give up on the search, and go back to playing the banjo. Or, even just putting the coin thing down, and going back to doing just about anything else. That being said, on May 15th I'll be driving across the country to Nova Scotia to try to find the Wizard.
I won't be coming back until I find him.
Or her.
Or it... hopefully it's not an 'it'.



Oh! And to make the whole thing seem a little less crazy - I've had the pleasure of talking to a few Nova Scotiers about the coin, and not a single one of them (out of about 6 I've talked to so far) know anything about the coin. I've talked to people from Halifax, Dartmouth, Antigonish, and Truro, and they were all as confused as I am.
What have I learnt from all this? Wizards are secretive.

No comments:

Post a Comment